International Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation (IJPTR) is an international, peer reviewed, open access journal dedicated to publishing latest research in the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
Aims of IJPTR – IJPTR provides a channel for publication of high quality original research focussed on clinical and research topics related to musculoskeletal physiotherapy and rehabilitation. It is a channel for presentation, discussion and debate about aspects of musculoskeletal physiotherapy and rehabilitation which will be of interest to clinicians, academics and researchers.
The site provides immediate open access to all content, ensuring that authors reach the widest possible audience. Our aim is to promote a high level of scholarship and build on the current evidence base to inform the advancement of musculoskeletal physiotherapy. We also aim to encourage debate and discussion through use of moderated commenting system on each published article.
The content is published under a Creative Commons Attribution License, enabling unrestricted distribution and use of the published materials, provided that its authors are properly credited. Every accepted submission will receive a permanent identifier that can be linked to and cited in other publications.
Scope of IJPTR - We welcome original quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods research as well as meta-analyses or systematic reviews focussed on development of evidence base within musculoskeletal physiotherapy and rehabilitation. We encourage publication of traditional and non-traditional methodologies and research designs. Our regular features include original research papers, systematic and narrative reviews, case reports and series, clinical and professional discussion papers, book reviews and letters to the editors. We also welcome publication of protocols (provided the submitted protocols have obtained approval from relevant ethics committees. Protocols for systematic reviews should be registered with PROSPERO).
Publication To be accepted for publication in IJPTR, submitted articles must conform to the research traditions and guidelines of relevant sections.
- PRISMA (for reporting systematic reviews)
- CONSORT Statement (for reporting of RCTs)
- COREQ (for reporting qualitative research)
- STARD (for reporting diagnostic accuracy studies)
- STROBE (for reporting observational studies in epidemiology)
- MOOSE (for reporting of meta-analyses of observational studies)
- CHEERS (for reporting of health economic evaluations)
- PRISMA – P (for reporting protocols of systematic reviews)
- SPIRIT (for reporting protocols for RCTs)
In general any submission must meet the following minimum criteria –
1. Present results of an original research or review.
2. The manuscript should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
3. Research methodology should be robust and adequately described.
4. All primary research should have evidence of having obtained approval from ethics committee or review board. If such is not available, please contact the Managing Editor to discuss the study before submission.
5. The article is written in academic English and be free from grammatical errors. If your first language is not English, consider getting support in writing, presentation and proof reading of the manuscripts from professional resources.
IJPTR is indexed in -
1. Directory of Open Access Journals
3. Google Scholar
Published by – AA Publications, 527, Park Grange Road, Sheffield, S2 2NB, United Kingdom
For any queries, contact us using the Contact Form